Libratherm offers Molten metal Temperature Indicator – LMI-2012, where the user has the choice of selecting two types of measurement from a single instrument – Spot Measurement and Continuous Measurement.
1) Spot measurement (SM) – using disposable thermocouple tips, where the disposable thermocouple tip is dipped into the molten metal for merely 3 to 5 seconds and then withdrawn. In this short measurement time, the operator is guided through the measurement cycle by audio/visual alarms for thermocouple continuity, measurement in progress, and measurement over. Once the measurement is over the final reading is latched onto the display. Any error in measurement due to thermocouple open condition is immediately detected and informed by activating the audio/visual alarm. This is a very common practice in the industry. The last measured value will remain latched on the display till the next measurement is performed.
LMI-2012 is designed to measure and display the molten metal temperature in a very short time interval. The indicator is rugged, reliable, field-proven, and very easy to operate. Users can select the desired type of thermocouple and also set other parameters using the front panel keyboard. During measurement, the indicator ignores the slag temperature and the Average or Plateau reading is determined using the advanced algorithm, and the same is latched and displayed on the bright 7 segments 2” red Led display. The latched readings are transmitted on a two-wire RS485 bus for remote display and computer interface. The last 100 readings are stored in the built-in memory and can be recalled as and when required.
Added Features: LMI-2012 has the facility to work with both single DIP Thermocouple TIPS and Multi DIP thermocouple TIPS. The system comes to READY mode every time when the new TIP is connected to the Lance or when the same TIP is re-used for multiple measurements.
2) Continuous measurement (CM) – using the permanent installation of thermocouples inside the molten metal. The type of thermocouple and temperature measurement range entirely depends on the type of metal such as Brass, Copper, Aluminum, Iron, etc. CM allows users to online monitor the temperature on local digital displays. In this method, No event indications are generated to guide the operator for CM.
- Microcontroller based design
- 2 inch bright red 7 segment LED display
- Field proven and time tested measurement algorithm
- Accepts K, R, S, B type thermocouple tips
- User selectable unit of measurement °C/°F
- Spot and Continuous measurement – user selectable
- Built in memory of last 100 readings
- Usable with Single DIP tip (SDT) and Multi DIP tips (MDT)
- Display of previous measurement reading till the next measurement starts
- Calibration facility with Ambient and without Ambient temperature
- Specially designed for small and medium size foundries and steel plants
|Input||K, R, S and B type thermocouple
(user selectable through front panel heavy duty keyboard)
|Range||Full positive range of the selected thermocouple
K type: 0 to 1372°C / 32 to 2500°F
R and S type: 0 to 1768°C / 32 to 3210°F
B type: 200 to 1820°C / 392 to 3300°F
(Unit of measurement can be given as user-selectable - OPTIONAL)
|Accuracy||Within +/-0.1% of the range|
|Resolution||1°C / 1°F (factory set to °C)|
|Cold Junction Compensation||Automatic using built in sensor from 10°C to 60°C.|
|Display||4 digit – 2” red seven segment LED display|
|Measurement Time||2 to 9 seconds (user-programmable)|
|Plateau Detection||1 to 99 °C (user-programmable)|
|Measurement Mode||Spot and Continuous measurement methods (User selectable)|
|Key Lock facility||Built-in Key lock to prevent unauthorized access to the front keyboard|
|Audio / Visual Alarm Indication||Provided for Thermocouple continuity, Measurement in progress, and Measurement Overusing the built in lamps and Buzzer.
Extra Relay output for external hooter is provided.
|Measured Reading Data Storage||100 readings of measurement are stored in the internal memory, which can be recalled on demand.|
|Supply||230VAC +/-15%, 50/60 Hz (115VAC – Optional)|
|Enclosure||Dust-free - Metallic powder coated.|
|Size||250 (w) x 300 (h) x 100 (d) mm.|
|Weight||4.5 Kg (approx.)|
|Mounting||Wall mounting key holes to hang on the wall.|
|Sr. No.||Model||Specifications||Part No.|
|1.1||LMI-2012||Molten metal Temperature Indicator in 2” display size – wall mount enclosure||3510|
|1.2||LMI-2012||Molten metal Temperature Indicator in 2” display size – wall mount enclosure + RS-485 serial port for the remote jumbo display unit.||3511|
|1.3||LMI-2012||Molten metal Temperature Indicator in 2” display size – wall mount enclosure + Isolated 4-20mA retransmission output for PLC/DCS||3512|