Molten Metal Pyrometer with RS485 Interface – LMI-2010
₹35,700 – ₹48,825
Prices are inclusive of Delivery Charges.
LMI-2010 – Molten Metal Temperature Indicator
Please refer the Ordering Information table before placing your order.
Libratherm offers Molten metal Temperature Indicator – LMI-2010, where the user has the choice of selecting two types of measurement from a single instrument – Spot Measurement and Continuous Measurement.
1) Spot measurement (SM) – using disposable thermocouple tips, where the disposable thermocouple tip is dipped into the molten metal for merely 3 to 5 seconds and then withdrawn. In this short measurement time, the operator is guided through the measurement cycle by audio/visual alarms for thermocouple continuity, measurement in progress, and measurement over. Once the measurement is over the final reading is latched onto the display. Any error in measurement due to thermocouple open condition is immediately detected and informed by activating the audio/visual alarm. This is a very common practice in the industry. The last measured value will remain latched on the display till the next measurement is performed.
LMI-2010 is designed to measure and display the molten metal temperature in a very short time interval. The indicator is rugged, reliable, field-proven, and very easy to operate. Users can select the desired type of thermocouple and also set other parameters using the front panel keyboard. During measurement, the indicator ignores the slag temperature and the Average or Plateau reading is determined using the advanced algorithm, and the same is latched and displayed on the bright 7 segments 2” red Led display. The latched readings are transmitted on a two-wire RS485 bus for remote display and computer interface. The last 100 readings are stored in the built-in memory and can be recalled as and when required. Analog retransmission of the Latched reading in the form of isolated 4-20mA is also provided for remote measurement using the external device.
Added Features: LMI-2010 has the facility to work with both single DIP Thermocouple TIPS and Multi DIP thermocouple TIPS. The system comes to READY mode every time when the new TIP is connected to the Lance or when the same TIP is reused for multiple measurements.
2) Continuous measurement (CM) – using the permanent installation of thermocouples inside the molten metal. The type of thermocouple and temperature measurement range entirely depends on the type of metal such as Brass, Copper, Aluminum, Iron, etc… CM allows users to online monitor the temperature on the local digital displays and on the large remote displays. In this method, No event indications are generated to guide the operator for CM.
SMS Alert (Optional facility): In today’s era of mobile communication, the user is interested in getting all the plant measurement data on his or her cell phone. Libratherm offers an additional facility for generating SMS alerts on every spot measurement. Whenever the SM is taken by the operator, the SMS alert will be sent to a maximum of 5 pre-registered cell phone numbers. The SMS format contains the final Temperature Reading and the Heat Number or can be customized as per the user’s requirement. For this facility, users have to provide 1 no. of their SIM card subscribed for only SMS facility, from any of the available GSM service providers.
- Microcontroller based design
- 2 inch bright red 7 segment LED display
- Field proven and time tested measurement algorithm
- Accepts K, R, S, B type thermocouple tips
- User selectable unit of measurement °C/°F
- Spot and Continuous measurement – user selectable
- Built in memory of last 100 readings
- Usable with Single DIP tip (SDT) and Multi DIP tips (MDT)
- Display of previous measurement reading till the next measurement starts
- Calibration facility with Ambient and without Ambient temperature
- Readings via SMS on max. 5 Cell phones – Optional
- Interface with external 4 inch or 8 inch display over RS-485 bus
- Interface with external Lamp compartment using built in relays
|Input||K, R, S and B type thermocouple (user selectable through front panel)|
|Range||Full positive range of the selected input|
|K type: 0 to 1372°C, R and S type: 0 to 1768°C, B type: 0 to 1820°C or|
|K type: 32 to 2500°F, R and S type: 32 to 3210°F, B type: 32 to 3300°F|
|(Unit of measurement can be given as user-selectable - OPTIONAL)|
|Accuracy||Within +/-0.1% of the range|
|Resolution||1°C (factory set to °C) – UOM °F can be provided against the requirement.|
|Cold Junction Compensation||Automatic using a built-in sensor from 10°C to 60°C.|
|Display||4 digit – 2” red seven-segment LED display.|
|Measurement Time||2 to 9 seconds (user-programmable)|
|Measurement Start Temperature||500°C to the full range of the selected thermocouple (user-programmable)|
|Plateau Detection||1 to 99 °C (user-programmable)|
|LED indication||13 front panel LEDs for various functions|
|Audio / Visual Alarm Indication||Provided for Thermocouple continuity, Measurement in progress, and Measurement Overusing the built-in lamps and speaker.|
|Retransmission Current Output||Linearized and Isolated 4-20mA output signal proportional to the measured temperature, RLmax = 500 ohms (optional)|
|Relay Output||Potential free relay changeover contacts for driving remote audio/visual indicator - LLC-2010. Relay contacts are rated for 5A @ 230VAC.|
|Data Storage||100 readings of measurement are stored in the memory, which can be recalled on demand.|
|Serial Communication||RS485 – 2 wires for remote display and computer interface. (Optional)
RS-232 – to interface with GSM modem for the readings over an SMS.
|Supply||115 or 230VAC +/-15%, 50/60 Hz (Anyone to be specified)|
|Enclosure||Dust-free - Metallic powder coated.|
|Size||350 (w) x 400 (h) x 250 (d) mm.|
|Weight||8.5 Kg (approx.)|
|Mounting||Wall mounting keyholes or Can be placed on a flat platform.|
|Sr. No.||Model||Specifications||Part No.|
|1.1||LMI-2010-PNL||Molten metal Temperature Indicator + Relay contacts for external Lamp box LLC-2010||3500-1|
|1.2||LMI-2010-PNL||Molten metal Temperature Indicator + Relay contacts for external Lamp box LLC-2010 + |
RS-485 interface for external LRU-2010-4 or LRU-2010-8
|1.3||LMI-2010-PNL||Molten metal Temperature Indicator + Relay contacts for external Lamp box LLC-2010 + |
RS-485 interface for external LRU-2010-4 or LRU-2010-8 + 4-20mA isolated retransmission output.
|1.4||LMI-2010-PNL||Molten metal Temperature Indicator + Relay contacts for external Lamp box LLC-2010 + |
RS-485 interface for external LRU-2010-4 or LRU-2010-8 + Standard computer software and RS-485 to USB Convertor.
|1.5||LMI-2010-PNL||Molten metal Temperature Indicator + Relay contacts for external Lamp box LLC-2010 + |
GSM modem for SMS alert facility.